Rental - Graseby MS26 Syringe Pump
Graseby MS26 Syringe Driver (12 Hours to 60 Days)
Famed for their simplicity and reliability, the Graseby® MS Drivers have been the choice of healthcare professionals in hospitals, nursing homes, palliative care and community settings for over 25 years.
A syringe driver is a power driven device for pushing the plunger of a syringe forward at an accurately controlled rate.
- It is battery powered using a 9V ¢¢¬Åalkaline' battery . Please always have a spare one with you. They do last for several weeks but in case one fails an extra should be available. Your Nurse will show you how to change the battery and the instructions are in this booklet on page 9.
- The rate will be set by your health professional to deliver a set amount of medication(s) over a 24 hour period.
- The rate will be set in millimeters(mm) per hour so there will only be a very small amount of solution going under your skin each hour and you should be unaware of it eg: 2mm per hour will mean the solution in the syringe will take approximately 24 hours to complete.
- Up to three medicines can be put into solution in the syringe at any one time. The solution will be measured in the syringe to a volume that measures 48mm - this will not fill the whole syringe.
- Three different size syringes can be attached to the driver - 5ml, 10ml and a 20ml size.
- The driver is designed to make your life more comfortable and therefore you should be able to continue with your daily routine
- The syringe driver is NOT waterproof and so you must keep it away from water - your nurse will show you how to disconnect the driver for showering or swimming. It is generally quite safe to be off the driver for up to an hour
The driver will give an audible alarm lasting about 15 seconds when:
- ¯¢¬a battery is put in
- ¯¢¬when the start/test button is held down longer than 5 seconds
- when the syringe is empty
- ¯¢¬when the driver has stopped. This may be because the infusion line is blocked or trapped or the site of the needle is swollen, inflamed or hardened or the needle/cannula has become dislodged.
The indicator lamp will stop flashing when:
- ¯¢¬the driver has stopped and switched off
- when the battery needs replacing
Suitable for both IV and subcutaneous infusion, typical drug infusion include: analgesics, sedatives, diuretics, bronchodilators, chemotherapy agents.
MS26 Syringe Driver rate set in mm/day
Typical Infusion Range
12 hours - 60 days
0 - 99 mm/day
0.23 mm of travel